God's Acre

God's Acre

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at the Beach

I'd never traveled to the beach for the Christmas holiday until this year. It was a renewing experience - one I'd like to repeat. By the shore, I focused my energy on family, the season, and nature.

A reflection from one of my nightly beach walks:

Enveloped in complete quiet, I walked along with shore nightly with pink clouds rushing above, breaking just enough to reveal quick glimpses of soft stars. I felt renewed by the sound of the waves crashing, the feel of soft sand, and motion of the water that never ceases. Walking the beach in the quiet night, one catches a glimpse of what it may have been like before hectic seasons and Christmas lights - when it was only God and the waves - a true glimpse of the divine.


© 2008 J. Dana Trent

No comments: